Every year March is observed as the month of Reading in the UAE; it is marked by a rich and diverse calendar of engaging activities and sustainable initiatives that motivate the community to read with the aim of transforming reading into a daily habit for everyone and equip, with knowledge, a future generation capable of driving the perpetual growth journey of the UAE.
- Preserve the cultural, intellectual and knowledge-based achievements of the UAE and build an exemplary model for others to follow
- Encourage entities to initiate sustainable efforts that promote the culture of reading and ensure that the development of knowledge and culture is a priority on the annual agenda of both the public and private sectors.
- Enrich and support the knowledge and cultural infrastructure in UAE and build a future generation of leaders equipped with culture and knowledge.
- Encourage the community in UAE to read daily and advocate the culture of reading as part of the individual’s daily routine.
- Introduce creative and innovative initiatives to increase interest in reading, raise awareness and showcase its importance and value to the community in UAE.